Tuesday 23 April 2013

Broadchurch

What do you mean "no spoilers"?? You must have seen it already. How could you not bear the suspense? We just had to be there at 9pm last night to finally discover who murdered poor Danny Latimer.
I don't watch crime drama or read much crime fiction, but had to watch for obvious unshaven reasons!
I was hooked almost immediately. Husband took a little convincing as he wasn't sure of the writer's other work (he hated "Law and Order UK") but Chris Chibnall has written some entertaining Doctor Who, which may explain the casting of David Tennant and Arthur Darvill (even if he was Rory the Vicar).
I won't spoil it, but the reveal paid off in glorious slow motion as the tension cranked up.

I had guessed the killer, but thought it was so obvious that I changed my mind and thought it may be someone else. Wrong! It was obvious, especially from all last week's clues.

The acting has been superb. Not just David Tennant in his scottish accent, but Olivia Colman too. She delivered my favourite line in the whole 8 weeks: "I am going to piss in a cup and throw it at you - Sir!" If both of them and Jodie Whittaker and Andrew Buchan, don't win every acting prize going, there's some mistake!

If there has been a mistake, its been the announcement of Broadchurch 2. I think all the characters have been explored. Don't tell me Broadchurch is full of murderers like Midsommer! Plus with that ending ....shhh! Spoilers!

No comments:

Post a Comment